Psalm

Put your hope in the Lord. Travel steadily along His path.
Psalm 37:34

Monday, June 22, 2015

Transitions

This week we continued our search for a new church home. We worshipped with the Dayspring Christian Church. We very much enjoyed our time there. The people were very friendly and welcoming.

Dayspring is a Christian church. They are not affiliated with any denomination, but much like the church of Christ, each church is autonomous.

We both felt very much at home there and really look forward to visiting there again.


Today, I read one of my daily devotionals, Our Daily Bread. The devotional today was about transition. God certainly knows exactly what I need to hear every day!

Transition is very rarely an easy thing. Often transition involves loss, fear, doubt and discouragement. Each transition Jay and I have faced has required one thing - FAITH.

Jay and I have faced many transitions in our lives together. Loss of family members, Moves, New Homes, New Jobs, Cancer... our one and only constant in transition is God.

In Joshua 1, God requires Joshua to lead the Israelites into the promised land. After 40 years of wandering the wilderness, the time for God's people to inherit the land He prepared for them had come and Joshua was the chosen one to lead them.

God tells Joshua in verse 3..."Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you..."

In the 20 years Jay and I have been married, we have moved to several different states. Each time, each place, was land that God had given to us. Places prepared by God for us.

In verse 9, God tells Joshua "This is my command - be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

This is such a joyful reminder! God is with us wherever we go, whatever we face - He is there!

Only God knows how many more transitions we will face in the future, but I know that the final transition will be the very best one.

"My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John: 14:2-3

Our final move will be our best move. One day, God will again, lead His people to the promised land. Just as he asked Joshua to lead the Israelites into Canaan, He will ask Jesus to lead His people to the heavenly place prepared for us. Our wanderings will, at long last, be over and we will finally be in the very place that Jesus is.

No matter what type of transition is in your path, Be Strong and Courageous! Do Not Be Afraid or Discouraged for the Lord Your GOD is With You Wherever You Go!!!

Blessings,
Mandy



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a reminder of who and why we are in the great journey called life. Colorado Springs is blessed to have you and Jay. Paul Burns

    ReplyDelete